Ghyll Head Residential
We have booked a fabulous residential visit to Ghyll Head Outdoor Education Centre in Windermere from Monday 22nd January – Wednesday 24th January 2018. This visit has been heavily subsidised by school and therefore, I expect all children to go as part of their curriculum entitlement. The activities that children will participate in at Ghyll Head cannot be replicated here at school.
The cost of this visit will be £30 per child. which is only £10.00 per child, per day! School will pay the remainder costs using Pupil Premium/school funding. Payments must be made by Monday 22nd January 2018. If you are unable to make the visit payment by this date, then please contact Mrs Jenner in the school office as soon as possible to discuss a payment plan. Payments can be made in instalments.
- All children will need a packed lunch to eat for their lunch on the first day. Their first meal at Ghyll Head will not be until 5:30pm. The school will provide children entitled to a free school meal with a packed lunch.
- Children will need a refillable bottle for water during the trip, i.e. to take out on activities.
- They will all need at least one bin liner for any clothing they get dirty or wet on the trip.
- Any medication will need to be brought on Monday and given to Miss Rose before we leave.
- If tuck-shop money (no more than £10 in change – no notes to be given) is given to your child for their visit, all money should be given to the teacher before we leave. Amounts will be recorded and locked away until tuck-shop time.
- The staff from Ghyll Head have told us that the weather in general is quite cold at this time of year, so the children will need plenty of layers, socks, gloves, scarves and hats to keep warm during activities.
- Obviously, we want the children to enjoy themselves whilst on the trip however, we’d like them to do it without electronic devices and mobile phones. NO MOBILES, IPADS, TABLETS, KINDLES, DS, etc are allowed on our residential.
We will leave school at 9.00am on Monday 22nd January 2018 and we aim to return back to school at 4.00pm on Wednesday 24th January 2018. However, please be aware that heavy traffic sometimes causes a delay which is out of our control. We will try to keep you informed of any such delays.