We are proud at Thorney Close Primary School to be using the ClassDojo system. We hope that this will help our whole school community feel a little more connected.
Features of the Class DOJO include:
- Individual Messenger - This allows you to message your child's class teacher, within normal working hours - please do not expect staff to respond out of these hours.
- Class Story - This will be updated from time to time, allowing you to see what your child has been doing in school.
- School Story - This will also be updated from time to time, allowing you to see what the whole school have been doing.
You can access Class Dojo on a web browser (through a laptop or computer) but we would recommend that you download the free Class Dojo app to your phone or tablet and sign in there for the best experience.
The purpose of ClassDojo is to give parents an insight into the learning of their child in the classroom by providing a point of discussion with the child outside the classroom. The main ways in which this is done is via images of activity in the class, with a short text description, or through the award of house points. It is a closed system which can only be shared with parents who have been provided with a login. The system is closed to either just a particular class, or it is possible to share whole school events.
Although it is a useful communication link between parents and teachers all important messages and information, should still be sent through the main school offi as there is no guarantee the teacher will pick up the message during the day. Messages should be sent via the School Office, for example if a different person is collecting a child home or details of medical appointments. Teachers may use Dojo for non-essential class information e.g. trip reminders, asking for help, to highlight pupil achievements, or check letters have reached home.
Please do not use ClassDojo for letting school know if your child is absent, please ring the office on 0191 5250808 or email school on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Award Dojo points if the class teacher is using them
- Post images of learning in the classroom, school trips, residential visits, to share with parents
- Be aware of online safety in regard to images of pupils
- Display images in line with parental consent
- Use the messaging service with parents to inform about low key information; homework reminders, asking for parental help, reminders, thanking for support etc.
- Not to use ClassDojo in a negative manner
- To use images and house points to discuss with pupils about their learning
- Not to share images on social media
- To use the whole school communication system; telephone, email and personal messages to inform the school of important information about pupils