Our school has a duty to make sure that the uniform we require is affordable, in line with statutory guidance from the Department for Education on the cost of school uniform.
We will make sure our uniform:
- Is available at a reasonable cost.
- Provides the best value for money for families.
The uniform policy for our school has been created so that it can be purchased from many different retailers, including charity and second hand providers, so that it gives value for money for parents and carers and it is readily available. The uniform does not need to have the school's logo on and many of the items that are available with a logo are an optional choice.
- School logo polo shirts, sweatshirts, cardigans and school coats are only available from The School Outfit, on High Street West, Sunderland.
- Asda, Sainsbury's, Primark, Morrisons, Matalan, Tesco and M&S, to name a few,all generally provide a range of school uniform items, including footwear, which are in line with the school’s uniform policy.
- We also have a range of good quality pre-loved and as well as new uniform at the school office, that we can give out to parents/carers who may need them due to finance, children growing so quickly or nearing the end of the school term/year. Please do not hesitate to ask at the school office.
- Please click on the link below for information about uniforms from Sunderland City Council.
- White polo shirt with/without school logo
- Navy blue sweatshirt or sweat cardigan with/without school logo
- Plain grey or tailored school trousers
- Plain grey skirt or pinafore dress
- Plain white, black, grey or navy blue socks or tights
- Navy/Blue and white checked school dress may be worn in warmer weather.
- Grey shorts may be worn in warmer weather.
- Sensible black school shoes should be worn at all times. Fashion shoes with high heels, plastic shoes, trainers and flip-flops are not suitable.
- An appropriate coat whenever it is likely to be cold or wet
Please ensure that all items of clothing are clearly labelled with your child’s name.
- Blue PE top (provided by school)
- Plain PE shorts (provided by school)
- Black plimsolls
- Trainers for outdoor PE
- PE drawstring bag (provided by school)
PE kits must be kept in school at all times. School will wash PE kits at regular intervals throughout the term.
Swimming kits are:
- All in one swimming costume (no bikinis or tankinis)
- Swimming trunks/shorts (no knee length leisure shorts)
- Swimming cap
Year 6 children are able to wear a 'leavers' hoodie - normally in the Summer Term. School will purchase the hoodies for the children at no cost to parents. The hoodies are used on residential visits and for children to wear coming to school/going home, at playtime and lunchtime. Children are not to wear the hoodies while in class.
If desired, children may wear small stud earrings and a watch. However if worn they MUST be removed/covered for swimming and P.E. lessons. Children are not permitted to wear any other jewellery at school.
Do not send expensive costs, trainers, shoes etc into school. Any property or clothing is brought into school at the parent or carers’ own risk and the school and governors can accept no responsibility for loss or damage.
Please ensure that all items of clothing are clearly labelled with your child’s name